Whether we like it or not, after a certain age, each additional year of life is imprinted on our face. Forehead wrinkles, dark circles and fine lines are a normal companion of aging and should not stop us from being happy and confident. Still, natural makeup can help us conceal these little blemishes in our everyday lives and look fresh and youthful. Since there’s a fine line between good enough and too much makeup, today we’re going to share some valuable tips on how women over 40 can make up naturally and beautifully. Which are the right products and how to create the perfect everyday look, we reveal in the article!
Table of contents
- Why should women over 40 prefer to wear natural makeup?
- Make-up products that women over 40 need in their cosmetic bag
- Make-up instructions for a flawless, natural look
Why should women over 40 prefer to wear natural makeup?
Aging is an inevitable part of life, but you can maintain a youthful appearance even in your early 40s by using makeup that is specifically designed to address your age-related concerns. As we age, our skin can lose elasticity and collagen, resulting in dramatic changes to our complexion. To counteract these effects, good skin care, regular exercise and a healthy diet are essential. However, don’t forget to look for makeup products that can help you achieve your desired look! Whether you need a primer, foundation, blush, eyebrow kit, or something else, with the right tips and methods, you can achieve the perfect, natural makeup look for women over 40.
Too much makeup does not look beautiful at any age, especially in everyday life. And when the first wrinkles appear, most ladies try to conceal them, which often leads to a mask-like and unnatural-looking overall look. The trick, however, is to master how to apply makeup naturally from 40 onwards to avoid cakey makeup and still look beautiful and youthful. Instead of applying one product after another, use only the essentials. Choose light formulations and colors that add warmth and color to your skin tone. Not only will you look better, you’ll feel better. A few tips follow.
Makeup products that women over 40 need in their cosmetic bag.
You don’t have to go completely without makeup. Natural beauty can be accentuated and brought out with the right products. Here are the essentials that women over 40 should not do without.
- Moisturizing primer: Primer is essential to maintain a healthy-looking complexion. It smooths wrinkles and fine lines, minimizes the appearance of pores and evens out skin tone. Thanks to additional moisturizing ingredients, skin looks more radiant and youthful.
- Foundation: the good foundation from 40 does not settle in wrinkles and fine lines. For mature skin, use either liquid or powder foundation depending on your skin type. For oily skin, powder foundation is the best choice. Liquid foundation without oil can also be used. For dry skin, opt for a moisturizing powder, stick or liquid foundation. Women with combination skin types can benefit from a mixture of both.
- Concealer: Achieve a flawless complexion effortlessly with the perfect concealer. Whether you have dark circles, pimples or blemishes, an oil-free formula that lasts all day is essential. Since skin in your 40s tends to be drier around the eyes, opt for a more fluid consistency rather than a heavier stick or waterproof formula that can settle and dry out your skin. Expert tip: To prevent wrinkles and crow’s feet from stealing the show, apply concealer only to the inner half of your eye area to conceal dark circles.
- Blush: It is the easiest way to instantly get a radiant and healthy look. Opt for soft peach or pink tones that flatter all skin tones, whether you wear blush during the day or evening.
- Eyebrow Kit: Full, well-shaped brows give the face a more youthful appearance and add texture. To make up thinning brows naturally , you need a good eyebrow pomade or pencil to fill in gaps and make your sparse brows appear fuller.
- Eye shadow, eyeliner and mascara: In everyday life, intensive eye makeup is not necessary, but that does not mean that you completely neglect your eyes. A good mascara is a must in this case, and with a subtle eyeliner and warm-toned eye shadow, you can make up a natural look.
- Lipstick: To complete an everyday look, the right lipstick is essential. Choose a shade that matches your skin tone. For a natural makeup look, colors that are one or two shades darker than your natural lip color are best.
Makeup instructions for a flawless, natural look.
It’s easy to look and feel your best with a natural, everyday look. Follow this simple guide to bring out your best features and achieve a flawless everyday finish.
1. prepare the skin
Start with a moisturizer that will hydrate and protect your skin. For everyday use, choose a product that is lightweight and non-greasy. Don’t forget your SPF for healthy skin.
2. apply foundation
Choose your foundation according to your undertone, skin type and desired coverage. Make sure you choose the foundation that is closest to your natural skin tone for a seamless finish. Use a brush or beauty blender to blend the foundation until you no longer see any harsh lines or streaks. Use a soft brush or sponge to blend the product well into your skin. Remember that less is more and you shouldn’t overdo it with the application.
3. apply concealer
Give your look more luminosity and conceal dark circles with a luminous concealer. For optimal coverage, apply from the inner corner of the eye, where darkness is greatest, and blend with a sponge in the same way you apply eye cream.
4. make up the eyes from 40 naturally
Choose a neutral eyeshadow palette and apply the colors to your eyes with a flat eyeshadow brush. Drag the color toward the outer corner of your eye to lift it, and use a transitional color to better define the crease. For an even more natural look, you can omit the eyeshadow and just apply mascara.
5. add some color
For a soft effect, apply a peach or pink cream blush to the apples of your cheeks and blend well.
6. apply lipstick and lip gloss
Apply your lipstick. Complete your look with a delicate, transparent lip gloss. This will add the perfect amount of shine and color to your look.
With this tutorial, you can easily go natural with your 40+ makeup and achieve an everyday look that is both beautiful and effortless.