Striking eyebrows have long since become the ideal of beauty for many women. However, not everyone can enjoy naturally bushy brows. That’s why more and more women are undergoing microblading treatment. Tikbow explains what is behind the treatment and what needs to be taken into account.
Ever since Cara Delevingne became a top model in the 2010s with her bushy eyebrows, thick brows have been very much in vogue again. And if you don’t have any, you’ll have to help yourself. But permanent make-up and unnatural tattoo brows were yesterday’s news! Today, people rely on gentler methods such as microblading, which promises a result that is indistinguishable from naturally grown eyebrows. But what is behind the treatment, which has been at the top of the trend list of eyebrow treatments for years now?
- What is the difference between microblading and permanent make-up?
- How long does the microblading treatment take?
- How does pigmentation work?
- How long does the result last?
- How is the shape of the brows determined?
- What should be considered before a microblading treatment?
- How can I recognize a serious and good cosmetic studio?
What is the difference between microblading and permanent make-up?
In contrast to conventional pigmentation devices, the microblading blade makes it possible to pierce or scratch very fine lines. The reason for this is that the blades do not vibrate, so the individual hairs can be drawn naturally by hand. The lines can also no longer "run";, the result therefore no longer changes after the healing process, which happens with permanent make-up öfter. The new method is also less painful, as the depth of the puncture is shallower.
How long does the microblading treatment take?
On average, the microblading procedure takes about two hours. During this time, the desired brow is precisely measured and pre-drawn. In addition, the desired shade is selected, and the professional numbs the eyebrow area if desired. This is followed by pigmentation.
How does pigmentation work?
For pigmentation, a special pen is used, which is equipped with small disposable needles. Professionals draw the hairs by hand, they have to control the depth of the stitching as well as perform the movements in a targeted manner. Due to the free design, the result is then particularly natural.
How long does the result last?
The durability depends on the speed of regeneration and the fat content of the skin. The final result can last up to two years. After that, the drawn lines fade. In almost all cases, a follow-up treatment must be performed one month after microblading. Here the specialist can touch up the particularly finely stung lines, make changes to the shape and intensify the color.
How is the shape of the brows determined?
The natural growth of the hairs is determined with a simulation. Microblading line drawing systems are used to create the perfect shape. The shapes are called 3D, 6D, 7D, 8D or HD. Thus, the professional can meet any eyebrow type. In the so-called "HD brows" for example, between the precisely arranged härchen still light shading is drawn, which makes the brows even more expressive.
What should be considered before a microblading treatment?
- You should not drink alcohol 24 hours before the treatment.
- Avoid coffee and caffeinated drinks 12 hours before the treatment.
- Blood thinning medications such as aspirin should be discontinued the day before the treatment.
How can I recognize a serious and good cosmetic studio?
Since a basic course in microblading can be completed in three days and a cosmetic training is not mandatory for the training of the technique, you should find out exactly about the studio and the experience of the specialist before a treatment.
Fünf signs by which they recognize that they are in good hands:
1. Before the procedure should ALWAYS be a free consultation appointment, in which all the wishes and ideas are addressed and the eyebrows are pre-drawn. In this way, the customer can get used to the shape and, if necessary, make changes to it before the treatment.
2. Professional cosmeticians and beauticians will also provide you with medical information about the procedure. They are familiar with your physical condition and will talk to you about possible risks.
3. A good specialist will first advise you against fashionable shapes. A natural brow shape can still be altered at a later time.
4. In addition, aftercare is free of charge at reputable studios.
5. A good microblading treatment costs between 300-500 euros. Cheaper offers are strongly discouraged.