Every woman over 50 knows the problem: the make-up tips for young ladies no longer work. Concealer smears, the eye shadow collects in the wrinkles, the lips look thinner. The explanation is quite simple: from 50, the face changes and the make-up should be adjusted accordingly. With the right instructions, a natural lifting effect can be achieved even without Botox. We explain how to apply younger makeup and make mature skin look firmer.
Table of contents
Make-up for women over 50: Contouring tricks for a lifting effect
For the next make-up instructions with a lifting effect, you will need: highlighter (in a cool brown tone), contour stick, blush in pink, contour brush and beauty blender. Proceed as follows:
1. first, look forward in the mirror and find the center of your eyes. You will apply the contouring products to the right of this line. You should also blend the products to the center of the cheek at most.
2. sweep the contouring stick along below the cheekbone. Also apply the product at the transition from cheek to chin to contour the face and create the desired lifting effect. Take the beauty blender and blend the product for a natural look. The goal of contouring is to create shadows in a way that conceals certain areas. Therefore, you apply the dark brown shade specifically where you want to conceal the areas.
3. now is the time to use the highlighter. Blend it with a brush under the eyes, at the highest point under the eyebrows, and at the highest points on the face (the cheekbones). Follow the rule in point 1 – blend the highlighter to the middle of the cheeks at most, so that you visually tighten the face. Positive side effect: this also ensures that the products do not smudge when you laugh or smile.
4. Apply the blush to the cheekbones and blend it with a brush. Do not apply blush in the area around the eyes. This way you will emphasize the small wrinkles around the eyes.
5. blend, blend, blend! Even after you are done contouring, you can continue to blend products with a brush if needed.
Lifting effect without Botox: tricks against drooping eyelids
Droopy eyelids are a problem for many women over 50, but with the right makeup technique you can make up away the “tired eyes”. You need: Eyeliner, angled eyeliner brush, eyeshadow brush for application and blending, airbrush blender sponge.
In your 30s and 40s, you still have tight skin. At 50, the eyelids begin to droop, the skin has many tiny wrinkles and this makes it difficult to apply eyeshadow. Creamy products collect in the wrinkles and applying powder eyeshadow is not an easy task. In addition, the application of eyeliner is also made more difficult by the drooping eyelids.
What helps against this: light eye shadows make the eyes visually larger and are easier to apply, since any mistakes are not immediately visible. Choose a darker shade (but it should still look as natural as possible) for the outer third of the upper eyelid. 6.
Wear this darker shade slightly higher than usual to counteract the slippage effect. This will make your eyes look bigger and stop them from looking tired. Blend the eyeshadows with a brush. Take your time, the colors should blend seamlessly.
Pull the eyeliner slightly upward and outward in the outer third of the eyelid. If you want to apply the eyeliner thinly and as precisely as possible, lift the movable eyelid with your fingers. Do not draw the eyeliner all at once, but step by step. Any mistakes can be concealed with the angled eyeliner brush. It can gently blend the eyeliner.
8. the last step is to apply mascara. Choose a brown shade, it looks natural. Look down and apply the product from the lash line upwards. One layer is completely enough.
Full lips from 50: How to make up younger.
Thin lips can completely change the whole face. With age, the lips can lose volume. Fortunately, there are also some tricks that you can use to make up full lips. You will need contour pencil, lipstick and lip gloss. You can additionally mix the lip gloss with peppermint oil.
First, conceal the fine lines of the lips with concealer. This is applied to the lips. In this way, you also ensure that the skin becomes supple and prevent the lipstick from settling in the wrinkles.
10. take the contour pencil (preferably the same shade or one shade lighter than the lipstick). First paint line at the heart of the lip and then paint the middle of the lower lip. Now connect all the lines together. Then lightly blend the contour pencil with a brush.
11.The next step is to apply the lipstick with a special brush. After that, it remains only to additionally emphasize the lips with lip gloss (in the middle of the upper and lower lip).