Are you just thinking about how to get your mane cut? In recent years, the V-cut has become a modern alternative to the classic U-cut. The hairstyle suits both long and medium length hair and can be varied as you like, depending on the thickness of your hair. We list the advantages and disadvantages of the trendy cut and explain which variations are particularly trendy.
Table of contents
- V cut for medium length and long hair: what are the advantages and disadvantages?
- V cut for medium length hair: what you should consider
V-cut for medium length and long hair: what are the pros and cons?
Especially for medium length and long hair, the right cut is very important. A straight edge looks very boring, a V-cut is much more exciting. In this case, the hair is shortened in the front and left longer in the back. As the name suggests, the angled edge forms a “V” at the back. The cut excellently emphasizes the hair length, gives the hairstyle structure, conjures up volume and can be styled as desired. Other advantages are:
- A V-cut can be adapted to the hair structure. Women with waves or curls can also benefit from it.
- small women are pressed by a straight edge even more, a V-edge, on the contrary, visually stretches the body and can conjure away a few kilos from the waist .
- The hairstyle is perfect for those who like to wear their hair loose.
- For thin hair, a layered version looks much better.
- With thick hair, it is recommended to have a straight hairline.
However, a V-cut also has disadvantages. We list them as well:
- With a V-cut, the cut edge is so slanted that the tip is often subjected to additional stress.
- Braided hairstyles and braids are difficult to achieve. Also updos are often not possible with the V-cut.
- Very fine hair looks like it has been chewed off, and medium-length hair is much more difficult to style.
V-cut for medium-length hair: What you should bear in mind
In principle, the trendy cut is suitable for medium-length hair. In this case, the goal is to fake more length. For this purpose, the hair is stepped through from the shoulders downwards, the typical V silhouette should still be easily recognizable. The hairstyle can be styled like any step cut.
V haircut for long hair
The trendy cut suits women with long hair best. In this case, lightness is emphasized. For this purpose, the hair is graduated from the shoulders downwards. In the end, the trend hairstyle looks casual, suitable for everyday use and above all – natural. Thus, split ends can also be cut.
What does the trendy V-cut look like in the front?
It’s not only at the back that the V haircut comes into its own. The hairstyle can also look great in the front if the hair is stepped through. Subtle highlights additionally take the volume out of thick hair and give it shape. As for the steps, the so-called feathered cut is currently in vogue. This new variation is actually based on the haircuts of the 80s.
The hairstyle for long, straight hair
Long, shiny and straight hair that falls over the shoulders and whose thinned-out tips form the popular V-shape at the back looks super glamorous. The haircut looks especially effective on women with thick hair. However, daily care is crucial for the final result. A shine shampoo and care masks with mold particles can enhance the high-gloss effect.
Medium length hair with curls will benefit from the trend cut
Even long hair can be cut into a “V”. So they are quickly and easily brought into the desired shape. The hairstyle gives the curls more fullness and shows them off better than a straight edge.
What hair color for a V-cut?
Highlights, highlights, balayage – almost every hair color trend suits the V-cut. For a subtle transition between colors, hair can additionally be styled into waves.
The V-cut is very much on trend. It enjoys great popularity mainly because it can be varied at will and perfectly suits both women with thin , and thick hair.