Hair care is an important aspect of overall health and beauty for women of all ages, but it can become even more important as we age. As we age, our hair can become thinner, drier, more brittle and lose its shine and volume. However, with the following helpful hair care tips and techniques, women over 60 can maintain healthy and beautiful hair. Which is the right hair care from 60, discover here!
Table of contents
- Beautiful hair for women over 60 – do not wash so often.
- Choose the right shampoo and conditioner
- Go regularly to the haircut and get healthy hair
- Hair care from 60: use heat protection products
- Take care of mature hair – limit the use of hair styling products
- Massage your scalp
- Hair care from 60 – Eat a healthy diet
- Get enough sleep for beautiful hair from 60
- Hair care from 60: Avoid harsh chemicals
- Use natural hair products
- Hair care from 60 – comb gently
Beautiful hair for women over 60 – do not wash so often
How often you wash your hair depends primarily on your hair type. However, excessive washing can lead to dry and brittle hair regardless of your hair type. Don’t overdo it with the shampoo, but you should cleanse your scalp at least twice a week. Use the shampoo that is recommended for your hair type, whether it is normal, oily or dry hair.
Choose the right shampoo and conditioner.
As we age, our hair can become drier and more brittle. Therefore, it is important to choose a shampoo and conditioner that will moisturize and nourish our hair. Look for products that contain ingredients such as argan oil, coconut oil or keratin, which can strengthen and revitalize the hair. Avoid shampoos and conditioners that contain harsh chemicals or sulfates, as these can strip hair of its natural oils and damage it.
Go for regular haircuts and get healthy hair
A regular haircut can help keep your hair looking healthy and vibrant. It also helps remove split ends and damaged hair and gives your hair a fresh, new look . Get a haircut every six to eight weeks to keep your hair looking its best.
Hair care from 60: Use heat styling products.
If you use heat styling tools such as a straightener or curling iron, it’s important to use a heat protectant. Heat protectants can protect your hair from the damage caused by heat styling, and they can also help keep your hair looking healthy and shiny.
Maintain mature hair – Limit the use of hair styling products.
Hair styling products like hairspray and gel can damage and dry out your hair. Try to limit the use of hair styling products and opt for natural hairstyles instead. If you must use hair styling products, use them sparingly and choose products that are free of harsh chemicals or sulfates.
Massage your scalp
A scalp massage can help improve blood flow to the scalp, which in turn can promote hair growth and strength. Massage your scalp by gently rubbing it with your fingers in a circular motion for several minutes. You can also use a hairbrush or scalp massager to massage your scalp.
Hair care from 60 – Eat a healthy diet.
A healthy diet can help promote hair growth and thickness. Make sure you include plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean protein and healthy fats in your diet. Foods that are especially good for hair health include:
- Spinach and other vegetables with green leaves: These are rich in vitamins A and C, iron, folic acid and other nutrients that are important for healthy hair.
- Eggs: They contain biotin, which is necessary for the proteins in the hair.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids are abundant in fatty seafood and fish such as salmon and can support hair development.
- Berries: Strawberries, raspberries and other fruits are not only good for your hair, they are also a good source of vitamin C and antioxidants that support a strong immune system. Vitamin C is also used by the body to make collagen, a protein that strengthens hair.
- Avocados: These delicious green foods are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E, both of which are important for healthy hair.
Enough sleep for beautiful hair from 60
Getting enough sleep is important for overall health and well-being and can also promote hair growth and thickness. Make sure you sleep at least 7 to 8 hours every night to keep your hair looking its best.
Hair care from 60: Avoid harsh chemicals.
Chemicals like hair dyes and perms can damage and dry out your hair. If you want to color your hair , use a semi-permanent hair dye or hair color that is free of harsh chemicals.
Use natural hair products
People have been using natural ingredients for their hair for a long time. In the South Asian community, this practice is the most widespread. For wonderfully long, strong, silky and shiny hair, women use yogurt, various oils, eggs and aloe vera.
If you feel uncomfortable using natural components, you can switch to natural hair products, which are excellent substitutes for well-known hair care lines. These do not contain silicone, parabens and other dangerous substances. Moreover, these eco-friendly, natural products contribute significantly to the health of your hair!
Hair care from 60 – comb gently
Be gentle when combing your hair. Rough handling of your hair while trying to untangle knots can lead to greater hair loss. While it’s not true that you should brush your hair 100 times a day, gentle, moderate brushing is essential for maintaining smooth hair.
Tips for skin care in winter can be found here !