The wedding season is in full swing! Does this sound familiar: at the latest when we receive the wedding invitation, we start to rack our brains about our styling and outfit. After all, as guests, we would also like to dress up a bit for the festive occasion. Of course, we don’t want to steal the show from the bride and groom, but it should still be pretty, chic and appropriate for the occasion. You may not be walking down the aisle, but you’ll still be in many of the photos. And that means your hair game needs to be just as strong as your outfit as a wedding guest. Okay, so what hairstyle as a wedding guest should you choose to score with simple elegance? Straight, curly, with hair accessories, semi-open or rather an updo – that’s the question here. So that you do not spend money on a hairdresser’s visit, we have made ourselves smart for you and show you how you can make a hairstyle for wedding guest yourself!
Table of Contents
- Hairstyle for wedding guest half open
- Hairstyle for wedding guest do it yourself: Chignon tutorial
- Updos for wedding guest: elegant herringbone braid
- Elegant Cord Knot Bun Hairstyle
- Updo hairstyles for wedding guest
- What hair accessories as a guest at a wedding?
- Wear your hair loose
- Hairstyle for wedding guest do it yourself: The most beautiful looks for re-styling!
Hairstyle for wedding guest half open
The good old half-up look – how much we love it! If you want to do your hairstyle for wedding guest yourself and want something simple and uncomplicated, then you would be at your best with half-up hairstyles! In this case, half of the hair is pinned up, while the rest of the hair gently falls down. For example, how about a loose chignon at the back of the head and romantic beach waves? Or you can make two small braids and tie them together towards the back. With half-up hairstyles, there are absolutely no limits to your imagination and the looks work perfectly with both long and short hair. It will be even more elegant if you enhance the hairstyle with matching hair accessories.
Hairstyle for wedding guest do it yourself: Chignon tutorial
With an elegant dress, the classic chignon is a real eye-catcher and thus perfectly suitable for a sophisticated wedding guest hairstyle for medium length hair. But what many people don’t know is that the look looks much more complicated than it actually is. With a little practice and our tutorial, you’ll quickly learn how to do a chignon yourself.
- Brush the hair well and make a deep side parting.
- Separate the parted section from the rest of the hair and then tie the hair into a low ponytail.
- Secure the bottom half of the ponytail with a small hair tie.
- Create a low chignon by twisting the ponytail downward. Secure with bobby pins.
- Now take the front hair and wrap it once over the base of the chignon. Secure with bobby pins.
- Fix with hairspray and your elegant chignon hairstyle is ready!
- To make the look less severe, you can use your fingers to slightly loosen a few strands along the contours of the face.
Updos for wedding guest: elegant herringbone braid
No matter if guest or bride: braided hairstyles radiate a special romanticism and are among the most beautiful wedding hairstyles. Whether classics like the French braid, playful side braids or even for short hair – the choice is huge and there is guaranteed to be something for everyone! Need some ideas for chic yet simple wedding guest hairstyles? Then this elegant herringbone braid updo is just what you need!
Herringbone braid updo hairstyle tutorial:
- Make a deep side parting and comb through the hair.
- To make the side herringbone braid look really nice, your hair needs some volume. For this, you can either use a volumizing spray or slightly tousle hair at the roots.
- Now, first divide the top section of hair and form two strands of the same size.
- Divide one strand into two more sections and place the rearmost strand from the bottom to the front strand.
- Divide the front strand into two sections and place the foremost one from the bottom to the back strand. Add another strand from the outside.
- Continue braiding the herringbone braid in the same pattern and then secure it with a hair tie.
- Next, take the remaining hair and twist it into a loose, low chignon. Secure with an elastic band.
- Take the herringbone braid and place it over the chignon, secure with bobby pins.
- Finally, loosen everything up slightly with your fingers to give the hairstyle more fullness and secure with hairspray.
Elegant Cord Knot Bun Hairstyle
Ever heard of the cord knot hairstyle? If not, then it’s time to change that! The chic updo is one of the most popular hair trends for 2021 and is styled in less than 10 minutes! So it’s the perfect choice for those who want to do their own hairstyle for wedding guest!
Cord Knot Bun Instructions:
- Start with straight hair and a center parting.
- Tie the hair into a low ponytail as usual, but don’t pull it all the way through – this creates the loop.
- Now twist the ends of the hair once around the ponytail to cover the elastic and secure with bobby pins.
- Fix with hairspray and your wedding guest hairstyle for long hair is ready!
Updo hairstyles for wedding guest
Beautifully casual, strict or boho look – updos come in every imaginable variety and add a special touch to any outfit. Especially in summer, when we want to keep our hair out of our face, they are super comfortable to wear.
You want to do your wedding guest hairstyle yourself, but complicated looks are not for you? The classic chignon is not only chic and timeless, but also super easy to recreate and still looks incredibly polished! You can wear it either low on the nape of your neck or high on the top of your head and jazz it up with some beautiful hair jewelry.
Ponytail hairstyles just always go
If we’re talking about simple hairstyles for wedding guest, then of course we can’t forget about the classic ponytail! What’s so special about it, you might be wondering now? Well the truth is that it super suits all hair lengths, has endless variations and is quite easy to style. To make a quick hairstyle for wedding guest yourself, you simply need to tie your hair into a low ponytail low on your neck. However, for a more elegant look, we use a hair scarf or bow instead of hair tie.
You are invited to a beach wedding? Then your hairstyle as a wedding guest may also be a bit more casual. Classic, not too formal and yet very chic – the Messy Ponytail is easy to style and the perfect solution for those who have little patience or time for their hair. To give the updo a modern touch, put the ponytail in gentle waves and finish it off with a statement jewelry.
What hair accessories as a guest at a wedding?
Yes, you can also wear hair accessories as a guest for wedding and hair accessories are probably the easiest way to add a touch of glamour to your hairstyle. For example, the classic chignon can be enhanced in an instant with chic brooches and bobby pins. For a casual wedding, you can opt for a playful boho look and braid some flowers into your hair. Bows also exude a romantic feel and are very popular lately for simple hairstyles for wedding guest. For a harmonious look, it’s best to coordinate the hair accessories with the rest of your outfit.
Wear your hair loose
Of course, if you don’t have time for elaborate braids and complicated looks, you can wear your hair loose. Beautiful and well-groomed hair just always looks great. But that’s too boring for you? Again, feel free to reach for accessories like barrettes or hair bands to spice up your look a bit anyway. Or how about the elegant and at the same time very simple Gelly Bob hairstyle, which is fully in trend right now?
Hairstyle for wedding guest do it yourself: The most beautiful looks for re-styling!
Bubble braids are one of the trend hairstyles for 2021
The classic Dut as a wedding guest hairstyle for medium length hair
Simple hairstyles for wedding guests short hair
The half-up is probably one of the easiest hairstyles for wedding guest
Use hair accessories for a straightforward yet very polished look
There are few styles more classic than romantic Hollywood curls
You can’t go wrong with a girly braided hairstyle for wedding guest
Open hairstyles also look classy and chic
The low ponytail is the perfect wedding guest hairstyle for long hair
Side braids for pretty and easy hairstyles for wedding guests with short hair
The ponytail works just perfectly even with curly hair
Hairstyle for wedding guest do it yourself: Braids just always go!