To have long and thick eyelashes, you have to take care of their beauty. Although there are serums that swear to accelerate eyelash growth, most of them are purely chemical and ineffective. This has been proven through studies on users.
Moreover, these serums are usually medium to very expensive. So, follow our tips on how to get thick and long eyelashes with home remedies, and that too without throwing money down the drain.
Table of Contents
- What you do not know about eyelashes
- Home remedies for thick eyelashes that work.
- Coconut oil, olive oil and castor oil
- Vaseline to moisturize the eyelashes.
- Good nutrition for thick eyelashes
- Green tea works against eyelash loss.
- Aloe vera strengthens the eyelashes
- Massage provides the eyelashes with important substances
- Eyelash mask with eggs
- Clean your makeup carefully to have thick eyelashes
- Gentle makeup for healthy eyelashes
- Home remedies for thick eyelashes that do not work
What you do not know about eyelashes
Eyelashes protect the eyes. Like eyebrows, the tiny hairs on the eyelids trap dirt, sweat, water and other particles from the environment.
- Eyelashes fall out every day – we lose between one and five eyelashes every day. Their growth cycle is much shorter than that of hair. This is one of the reasons why they are not very long.
- Eyelashes grow in three periods. Anagen phase – a period of active growth, catagen phase – a transitional phase and talogenic phase – a resting phase. At any given time, 90% of the eyelashes are in the active growth phase. So when we cut off the eyelashes, they grow back in about five months.
- There is a big difference between upper and lower lashes. The ones that are on the upper eyelid are much more compared to the ones that are on the lower eyelid. In fact, they are about 200 to 300. In comparison, the eyelashes on the lower eyelid are about 100 eyelashes.
- The parasite called Demodex folliculorum lives in the hair follicles of eyelashes and cleans them by feeding on cells of the hair follicle. It is usually harmless, but from time to time it can cause unpleasant reactions such as itchy and reddened eyes.
Home remedies for thick eyelashes that work.
Coconut oil, olive oil and castor oil
Coconut oil, olive oil and castor oil sind gut für die Pflege Ihrer Wimpern, weil sie die Eigenschaften haben, sie tiefenwirksam zu nähren. Sie können eine saubere Mascarabürste verwenden, um das Öl abends auf die Wimpern aufzutragen, und es morgens abwaschen. Diese Öle lassen Ihre Wimpern dichter aussehen und schützen sie vor Schäden.
Vaseline to moisturize the eyelashes.
Dry skin around the eyelids is a hindrance to the freshness, shine and length of your eyelashes. But this is where petroleum jelly comes to the rescue. It can add moisture and shine to your lashes. However, there is no research to prove that it can make them grow.
To moisturize your lashes, apply a very small amount of petroleum jelly to your lashes with a cotton ball at night before bed. The application should be very gentle and avoid contact with the eyes.
Good nutrition for thick eyelashes
A nutrient-rich diet provides the necessary nutrients for eyelash growth and health. You need fatty acids, proteins, vitamins and lots of amino acids to stimulate lash growth daily and have thick lashes.
Green tea works against eyelash loss.
Use a decoction of green tea instead of micellar water or facial cleanser. Soak a cotton pad and gently clean the eyelids with it. Green tea intensively nourishes the eyelashes, provides them with antioxidants and has a strong anti-fall effect.
Aloe vera strengthens the eyelashes
Aloe gel is very nourishing. It strengthens the eyelashes in depth. However, it is important to avoid direct contact with the eyes. Close your eyelids well when you apply the aloe gel before going to bed. After it dries, you can open your eyes. In the morning, rinse your face with cold water. To enhance the effect, mix the aloe with castor oil or olive oil.
Massage provides the eyelashes with important substances
The massage stimulates blood circulation and thus the supply of important substances to the eyelashes. Always rub the eyelids with your fingers from the inside of the eye to the outside.
Eyelash mask with eggs
Das Ei ist ein wunderbares Superfood, das reich an allen lebensnotwendigen Nährstoffen ist. The egg mask helps your eyelashes to fall out less, zu glänzen, gesund, geschmeidig und gepflegt zu sein.
Make an eyelash mask by mixing 1 egg with 1 tablespoon of glycerin or petroleum jelly. Stir the mixture well and apply it to your eyelashes. Repeat this 3 times a week for a few months until you notice that your lashes have become thicker.
Clean your makeup carefully to have thick eyelashes
Always clean your makeup thoroughly. Even a small amount of mascara left on the lashes will harm the health of the lashes as the hairs fall out and the lashes become thinner and weaker.
Gentle makeup for healthy eyelashes
Some mascaras are extremely aggressive, such as waterproof mascara. Avoid them because they contain very strong and harmful substances that remain on the hair shaft. Removing them with micellar water is difficult and not always successful.
Always take the time to give your lashes a little break from makeup. Stop using mascara for a while and then resume it.
Home remedies for thick eyelashes that do not work
There are many remedies on the Internet, but some of them can even be dangerous.
- Lemon peels or lemon juice do not stimulate the growth of eyelashes: Do you really want to put an undiluted, acidic substance near your eye? No, you don’t! Besides, there is no research that proves that lemon makes eyelashes grow.
- Vitamin E oil can cause eye allergy: Vitamin E can take care of your eyelashes, but an allergy near your eyes can be very harmful! So stick to castor oil, which also contains vitamin E, when using it for thick lashes.