You’ve made it home after a long day and you finally want to let your face breathe. Since some types of makeup are bad enough for your skin with prolonged use, you don’t want to risk more damage by exposing your skin to potentially toxic ingredients when you remove your makeup. But how can you remove makeup without using makeup remover? Read on to find out what home remedies you can use for this purpose.
Table of Contents
Remove makeup without makeup remover with these home remedies.
To ensure your skin is completely clean and ready for bed, use these effective alternatives to makeup remover:
Remove makeup properly with coconut oil: Believe it or not, coconut oil is the easiest way to remove makeup. Simply put a pea-sized amount on your palm, rub it into your hands, and then gently massage it into your face. Rinse the oil off afterwards for a sparkling clean feeling.
Olive Oil: Isn’t it great that you already have a makeup remover in your kitchen pantry? To remove your makeup with olive oil, put a few drops of the oil on your face and then massage it in. Wipe off the excess with a clean cloth or cotton pad. Once all makeup residue is removed, rinse your face with your favorite cleanser or warm water.
Aloe vera: You may be familiar with this plant’s miraculous skin care benefits, but did you know it can also be used to remove makeup? Forgo your makeup remover and incorporate it into your evening routine instead.
What should you look for when removing makeup? You can find out here !
Removing eye makeup without makeup remover wipes – DIY methods.
How to remove waterproof mascara without makeup remover: Waterproof mascara is an amazing beauty product as it can withstand rain, sweat and even tears. Unfortunately, it’s not so easy to remove. Although you can use a makeup remover to effectively remove even the most stubborn waterproof mascara, there is a better way to remove makeup without a makeup remover.
Method 1: Soak your eyes with petroleum jelly.
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly to prevent germs or dirt from transferring to your eyes.
- Put a pea-sized amount of petroleum jelly on your palm.
- Dip your finger into the jelly and rub it into your eyelashes. Use your thumb and index finger to coat your upper lashes. Then, use your index finger to gently rub some of the product onto your lower lashes.
- Allow the petroleum jelly to soak onto your lashes for at least 5 minutes.
- Wipe your lashes clean with a cotton pad soaked in warm water. Then gently wipe your lashes with the cotton pad to remove the mascara and petroleum jelly product.
- To avoid getting the products in your eyes, wipe from root to tip in a downward motion.
- After wiping your lashes, wash the eye area to remove any residue.
Method 2: Use baby oil
Baby oil has long been used as a makeup remover, especially to remove makeup from the eyes. Here’s how you can use it to remove your mascara:
- Moisten a cotton pad with a pea-sized amount of baby oil.
- Close one eye and start wiping your lashes in one direction. Apply gentle pressure to avoid pulling your lashes. Start with the inner corner of your eye and wipe down and out along the eye line.
- Repeat the process on your other eye.
- Rinse your face with warm water and gently rub the treated area around your eyes.
- Blot your face with a clean and dry towel.
Method 3: To remove makeup without makeup remover, use olive oil.
- Splash your eyelids with water. The water will prevent your eyelids from becoming excessively greasy from the oil.
- Coat a cotton pad with 2-3 drops of olive oil.
- Gently press the olive oil coated cotton pad on your eyelashes for at least 1 minute. The oil will help dissolve your mascara.
- After a minute, gently wipe away the mascara residue from top to bottom. Then rub the pad under your eye in an upward direction to remove the mascara from your lower lashes.
- Since olive oil is rich in various skin care benefits, you don’t need to wipe off the residue. Just let it absorb into your skin and work its magic.
Tip 1: Remove lip makeup with oil. Drizzle a cotton pad with some oil and gently dab it on your lips. The lipstick will come off like butter.
Tip 2: Exfoliate with honey and brown sugar. If you managed to remove your lip makeup without makeup remover, there might be some residue left. Exfoliation is then very useful to remove dead skin cells and make your lips smoother. For a natural scrub, mix equal parts of honey and brown sugar in a small bowl and rub the mixture over your lips for 20 to 30 seconds. Then, wipe off the excess with a paper towel and apply a moisturizing lip balm to retain moisture.
If you’re skeptical about using commercial makeup removers, try one of the natural alternatives mentioned above. It’s really not hard once you learn how to remove makeup without using makeup remover. However, the most important thing is to remove your makeup every night before you go to bed. Your skin renews itself while you sleep. So if you keep your makeup on, you will prevent exactly that.