A shiny, strong and healthy head of hair – that is the beauty goal of every woman, isn’t it? However, daily hair washing, styling and straightening can take their toll on our hair in the long run and it quickly becomes brittle, dull and stressed. To counteract this, we spend a lot of money on overpriced treatments and care products that promise us a lot, but unfortunately bring nothing. In addition, most ready-made hair masks and leave-in conditioners from the drugstore contain many chemical substances that could damage the hair structure even more. So why not make your own hair conditioner without rinsing – and only from natural ingredients that you may already have at home? Whether it’s with coconut oil, aloe vera or shea butter, these recipes for homemade hair conditioners will make your hair shine again!
Table of contents
What are the benefits of leave-in hair conditioners?
Rich and regular care is simply essential for healthy and strong hair. But unfortunately, for many of us, this is limited only to the use of shampoo and conditioner in the shower. Although these make the hair smoother, they only protect it for a short moment and thus do not offer as good results as hair masks and leave-in conditioners. As the name suggests, these are conditioners that are applied after washing the hair and are not rinsed out. The conditioning agents contained in them form a protective film around the hair and thus provide permanent protection against split ends and harmful environmental influences. In addition, the leave-in conditioners have significantly more time to develop their positive properties and optimally supply our hair with nutrients.
Make hair conditioner yourself without rinsing: The best hair conditioner recipes
If you want to make your own hair conditioner without rinsing, you not only save money, but also do without silicones, parabens and any chemical substances. Do yourself and nature a favor and try our recipes for homemade leave-in hair treatments. Wondering if you could make apple cider vinegar as a hair conditioner yourself? Actually, yes, but this needs to be washed out afterwards or your hair will smell like vinegar. Alternatively, you could try our recipe for acid rinse.
Hair treatment with coconut oil
Coconut oil has undoubtedly been one of the best home remedies for dry and brittle hair for years. It provides hair with ample moisture right down to the roots, making it smoother and also rebalancing the pH of the scalp. This hair conditioner without rinsing made from coconut oil lays over the hair like a protective film, making it much stronger and more resistant.
- 20 grams of coconut oil, melted
- 3-4 drops of lavender essential oil
- 240 ml green tea, freshly brewed
Preparation and use:
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour into a sealable preserving jar.
- Wash hair as usual and lightly pat dry with a towel.
- Then apply 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture to the hair and comb well with a fine comb.
- And you’re done – it’s so easy to make your own hair conditioner without rinsing.
Aloe vera hair conditioner without rinsing make yourself
Aloe vera not only provides our skin with ample moisture, but can also work wonders for damaged and lifeless hair . This homemade leave-in conditioner with aloe vera is ideal to combat problems such as hair loss, dandruff or dry scalp. For best results, use only organic quality products.
- 240 ml organic aloe vera direct juice.
- 20 grams of your favorite conditioner
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tsp vegetable glycerin
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- Add all ingredients to a large spray bottle and shake vigorously.
- Spray freshly washed hair with it and comb through with a comb.
Make your own vitamin E hair treatment
Vitamin E is one of the fat-soluble vitamins and can now be found in numerous skin care products. However, it also protects our hair from the UV rays and harmful environmental influences and can also promote hair growth. So, in order to strengthen our hair again, we are going to make a vitamin E enriched hair conditioner by ourselves without rinsing.
- 2 capsules of vitamin E
- 20 grams of aloe vera gel, organic quality.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 80 ml distilled water
Preparation and application:
- Put aloe vera gel, water and oil in a spray bottle and shake vigorously.
- Pour the contents of the vitamin E capsules into it and shake well again.
- Wash the hair as usual, gently pat dry with a towel and spray with the mixture.
- Comb through well.
Hair treatment without washing out with thyme.
Thyme as a spice gives our dishes a wonderful aroma. However, what most do not know that it also has a beneficial effect on the hair. Since the medicinal herb has antiseptic properties, thyme is actually one of the best home remedies for brittle and dry hair. And here’s how easy it is to use it to make your own hair conditioner without rinsing:
- 40 grams of dried thyme
- 800 ml water
Preparation and use:
- First, bring the water to a boil and pour it over the thyme.
- Let the decoction steep covered for 10-15 minutes and then strain it through a sieve.
- Allow to cool slightly and pour over freshly washed hair.
- Massage the hair treatment well and comb through with a comb.