If eyes are considered windows to the soul, then eyebrows should be the curtains! They frame our face, give it more structure and are also involved in our facial expressions. Micorblading, Brow Lifting, Bleached Brows, etc. – we’ve seen quite a few eyebrow trends over the past few decades. While we plucked them as thin as possible in the 90s, full and bushy brows that fit perfectly have been in the spotlight for a few years now. But unfortunately, mother blessed very few of us with them and finding the perfect brow shape can sometimes become a real challenge. To fill in gaps in your brows, you don’t have to spend loads of money on overpriced cosmetic treatments. Go easy on your wallet and read on instead. We’ve done our research for you and below we reveal the best products and tips to make your eyebrows look thicker!
Table of Contents
Finding the perfect eyebrow shape
Beauty trends come and go. But to show off our features and give our face more contour and expression, the right eyebrow shape plays a crucial role. The three-point trick is probably the easiest way to find the perfect length and shape for your face. And here’s a quick guide on how the method works.
- First, place a pencil simultaneously on the inner corner of your eye and on the wing of your nose – that’s where your eyebrow should start.
- Now, look in the mirror and continue moving the pencil upwards until it is above the center of the pupil – this is the point for the perfect brow arch.
- Finally, move the pencil over the outer corner of the eye – that’s where the eyebrow should end.
- And now you can shape your eyebrows. To avoid filling unnecessary gaps in your eyebrows, only remove the hairs that really need to go.
The best products to fill gaps in the eyebrows.
Granted, procedures like microblading or eyebrow lamination are an excellent option to create the look of fuller and bushier eyebrows. But unfortunately, they are usually very expensive and not everyone can afford the luxury. Fortunately, we don’t have to, because there are actually many great products that we can use to fill in gaps in our eyebrows.
Eyebrow gel or pomades for fuller brows.
At first glance, eyebrow gel reminds us of mascara and is one of the best products to fill gaps in the eyebrows. Depending on whether you want a more natural look or like to add drama and expression, you can choose between transparent and colored gels. If you choose the colored option, use a gel that is one or two shades darker than your natural tone. With the help of the fine brush, the eyebrows are quickly brought into the desired shape and fixed. For best results, always start in the middle of the eyebrow and brush through the hairs in the direction of growth. And here’s a little tip for more fullness – the brows look even more voluminous if you brush them slightly upwards. Make sure you don’t use too much product and don’t apply too much pressure.
Filling eyebrows with the eyebrow pencil
The eyebrow pencil is probably the ultimate secret weapon to fill gaps in the eyebrows and make them look fuller. The small pencils are now available in all drugstores in all possible shades. One of the biggest advantages of eyebrow pencils is that you can draw even super fine hairs with them. In order to achieve the most natural result possible, you should make sure when buying that the shade matches your hair color. In addition, not all pencils are the same and the harder the mine, the better the hairs can be traced. Softer pencils, on the other hand, are ideal for adding texture to your eyebrows. To fill in gaps in the eyebrows with the eyebrow pencil and find the sparse areas more easily, first brush them down with a fine brush. Now carefully trace the spots with small strokes and you’re done – not so difficult, right?
Eyebrow powder for more volume
While we’re all familiar with eyebrow pencil, eyebrow powder is a relatively new phenomenon in the beauty world. High-quality products are ideal for filling in gaps in the eyebrows and creating a natural, soft look. Unlike the brow pencil, the powder does not color the brows, but rather shades them, giving them a much more defined look. However, the choice of the right shade also plays a decisive role here. Basically, you should use shades that are no more than two levels darker than your hair color. For example, women with dark blond hair would be best served with eyebrow powder in light brown or dark blond. To use it to fill in gaps in your eyebrows, first shape them with a fine brush. Next, apply the powder to the hairs with the brush using light strokes from the inside out. Draw until you have achieved the desired result and remove the excess powder with a cotton pad.
Fill in eyebrows and make them look fuller: the best tips for more fullness.
How and with what products you can fill gaps in the eyebrows, you already know. To make your eyebrows grow, we have a few more tips that will give you more fullness and volume.
- Don’t pluck too often – If you want your eyebrows to look fuller, stop plucking them every 2 days. Plucking too often damages the hair root and causes the hairs to fall out or grow slower.
- Eyebrow massage – What sounds strange at first glance can actually work wonders. An eyebrow massage is probably the best way to stimulate the growth of the hairs. To do this, simply stroke your brows with a toothbrush in circular motions. However, be careful not to apply too much pressure or the hairs may pull out.
- A small amount of Vaseline makes the eyebrows nice and supple and also ensures that they grow back faster and more densely – the perfect home remedy to fill gaps in the eyebrows.