Most people need a cup of hot and delicious coffee in the morning to start the day fit. Creative and modern coffee stations and coffee bars are a wonderful option to create a little space on your countertop and make your kitchen even more cozy and inviting. To help you design your own coffee altar, we have gathered the most beautiful coffee station kitchen ideas and inspirations for you in this article. Let us inspire you!
Searches for home coffee station inspiration on the social platform “Pinterest” have increased by a whopping 751% this year. In many cases, people often just put their huge automatic coffee machines on the wall or in a corner on the countertop where there is a little bit of free space. But wouldn’t it be a dream to have everything you need for the perfect cup of coffee or tea within easy reach? From old cabinets to serving carts, you can use practically anything to set up a coffee bar for kitchen.
Here’s how easy it is to set up your own coffee station kitchen
If you use your coffee maker several times a day or often invite friends and family over for coffee and cake at your home, it would make sense to think about setting up your own coffee bar in the kitchen. Below, we have summarized for you the most important steps that will make the coffee station a real eye-catcher.
- Find the right place – Is your kitchen large or rather small? How much space do you have for the coffee station? Choosing the right place will make the room much more practical. Be sure to remember that the coffee bar in the kitchen should be large enough not only for the coffee maker, but also for many other utensils. For example, this includes coffee cups, containers for coffee beans, sugar and spices. Whether you use a fully automatic coffee maker, an espresso machine or a kettle, you will definitely need electricity. Therefore, you should make sure that the coffee station kitchen is near at least one electrical outlet.
- A coffee bar kitchen must be easy to use – Try to use the space around your coffee station as efficiently as possible. In order for you to prepare your coffee in peace, the countertop should be at least 1 meter long. We recommend that you opt for a water-resistant countertop that can also be cleaned quickly. A cool plastic writing surface or an acrylic glass top will work just as well for this purpose. When it comes to the kitchen station kitchen, storage space is key. Depending on whether you set it up directly on the kitchen countertop, use a rolling cart or an old cabinet for it – you always need to have a few shelves and compartments for storage.
The perfect coffee bar in the kitchen – what should not be missing in any case?
For the perfect morning routine, it is very important to have all the utensils for your coffee within your reach. And here you will find a list of necessary things for the ultimate coffee station kitchen.
- Logically, in the first place comes the coffee maker.
- Stylish or fun coffee mugs.
- Coffee can for coffee beans or a coffee pod dispenser.
- Containers for sugar and coffee spoons – preserving jars you can decorate yourself according to your own taste and give the coffee bar for kitchen a personal, distinctive character.
- A tray and napkins should not be missing either.
- If you do not have enough space for everything, you can put a cool shelf on the wall and hang your coffee mugs there.
Tips and ideas for modern design of coffee bar in the kitchen
A kitchen station kitchen is actually much more than just a place where you put your coffee maker. Adapted to the rest of the interior, it becomes an eye-catcher and creates an inviting atmosphere. So that it does not look too cluttered, you should pay particular attention to the fact that the coffee bar in the kitchen harmonizes with the rest of the interior. Let your imagination run wild and decide on the color palette of your coffee bar first. Should it look rather simple and elegant or would you rather use it to create a highlight in the room?
- Small plants or fresh flowers are a very good way to add some freshness to the kitchen.
- Depending on your living style, instead of pure white coffee cups, you can hang the colorful and fun mugs that you have collected over the years.
- The matching wall art will give your coffee station kitchen a cool touch. Whether it’s a piece of art, your personal photos or beautiful photo wallpaper – anything that pleases is allowed.
Turn a serving cart into a unique mobile coffee station kitchen
You have a small apartment and there is not so much space left in the kitchen for a coffee bar? So how about using a regular serving cart for it? You can repaint it and decorate it as you like. For a rustic touch, choose vintage look coffee mugs and containers and rattan storage baskets. You have a modern, Scandinavian kitchen ? Then the decoration for the coffee bar should also be kept simple and elegant. And another plus of mobile coffee station is that it is very easy to transport anywhere.
Set up coffee bar directly on the kitchen countertop
When it comes to setting up your coffee station, the size of your kitchen plays a major role. If you have a large countertop and perhaps an empty cabinet, you could arrange your coffee paradise right on top of it. Use tablet to avoid chaos. Sure, function should come first, but by adding the right decorations and some plants, you’ll give the space even more personality and style.
Coffee station kitchen – More great ideas to get inspired!
How often do you see a giant chalkboard with the entire menu written out when you walk into a coffee shop? Create a relaxing and inviting ambiance in your kitchen by using a small writing board to decorate your own “cafe”. Funny and inspiring “good morning” sayings will instantly put you in a good mood. Or simply write down the drinks you can prepare with your coffee machine. This way, your guests will immediately know what’s on the drinks menu at your home.
Coffee station kitchen in rustic style of living
If a modern and simple interior is not so to your taste, then this could be the answer. This rustic coffee station in traditional farmhouse living style is definitely a winner. The white coffee cups make a great contrast to the light blue wall. The rattan storage baskets and vintage porcelain teapots round out the design beautifully.
Modern and practical – built-in coffee maker
Don’t have space in the kitchen or on the countertop, but you have a lot of cabinets? Then you’re best off with a built-in coffee maker. They are practical and chic at the same time and you don’t have to worry so much about decorating.
Let the French style of living inspire you for your coffee bar!
Even if you are hundreds of miles away from France, you can still add a little Parisian charm to your home with this coffee station kitchen.
Inexpensive and effective – Build the coffee station kitchen yourself.
Upcycling ideas are good for the planet and for your wallet. Plus, they let you unleash your creative and artistic side. Turn an old cabinet or dresser into an amazing and unique coffee bar for the kitchen.
Give the old cabinet a modern touch by spicing it up with a marble top with a slightly shiny finish.
Coffee bar for small kitchens?
If you have a small kitchen, it doesn’t mean by any means that you have to do without a great coffee bar. All you need is just a little space in the corner, where you put a small side table or serving cart. But what about the cups? Be creative and just hang them over the machine.
You find a small writing board rather banal and boring? Then turn the entire wall into your own piece of art.
It is especially practical if you simply hide the coffee machine and all other utensils in a free cabinet in the kitchen.
Create a pretty, modern area in your kitchen dedicated solely to your morning routine.
Use a serving cart to put together a well-organized, mobile coffee station kitchen.
A wall decorated with pictures adds a personal touch to the room and looks charming.
With a serving cart as a coffee bar, you have the opportunity to serve the delicious drink in any room you want.
The most beautiful thing about coffee stations is that you can always decorate them to match the seasons or holidays.
So simple, yet so modern – this coffee bar for the kitchen will create a welcoming and cozy atmosphere.
The hippest and most modern cafe in the city has moved directly into your kitchen with this coffee station.