For the first day of school, the desk should also be equipped with all the necessary. We offer several ideas how to make a pencil holder for children. The cheerful colors are guaranteed to put you in a good mood and make you want to write and paint. At the same time, all the painting and writing utensils are clearly organized and are not in the way when they are not in use.
Table of contents
- Craft pencil holders for children: DIY ideas from toilet paper rolls
- Pen holder for children tinker: Caterpillar glutton from toilet paper rolls
- Pen holder for girls tinker: Unicorn
- Craft pen holder for girls: Template
- Pencil holder craft: DIY project according to Montessori
- Make your own pen holder: Minions from old bottles
- Make your own wooden pencil holder: Gift idea for the first day of school
- Pencil holder for children tinker: Hedgehog from wood
- Pencil holder DIY: Rocket from old bottles
- Pen holder for children tinker: Paint canning jar
Craft pen holders for kids: DIY ideas from toilet paper rolls
The first idea can be realized quickly and easily. You only need several toilet paper rolls , colorful clay cardboard and adhesive stickers with cheerful faces. As accessories you should still have a cutter knife and glue for paper.
1.Cut the toilet paper rolls.
2. stick colored paper on them.
3. attach the glue stickers.
4. glue all four pen holders together.
5. Optional: glue the pencil holders to a wooden or porcelain coaster (available in craft stores).
Craft pencil holders for kids: Caterpillar glutton out of toilet paper rolls.
The next craft project was inspired by the children’s book “Die kleine Raupe Nimmersatt”. Because in the caterpillar made of toilet paper rolls, pencils, scissors, ruler and Co. find a place.
- 5 toilet paper rolls
- Clay paper in green, orange, red, yellow, purple and blue
- A black pen
- Paper glue
1.Cut the toilet paper rolls to size and glue them with clay paper.
2. draw the mouth of the caterpillar and make the eye glasses and the caterpillar hands.
3. make a “book” and assemble the pencil holder.
Craft pencil holder for girls: Unicorn
Looking for gift ideas for first graders? Then you can choose a pencil holder made of old tin. With the right decoration, you can turn it into a unicorn .
You will need the following materials for your DIY project:
- A metal can (well cleaned and with sanded edges).
- white and pink colored paper
- glitter paper in gold
- paper flowers (from the craft store)
- a black marker
- a pair of scissors
1. cover the tin with white colored paper.
2. draw the eyes with the black marker, cut out two circles of pink colored paper for the cheeks and attach them. Decorate with the paper flowers.
Cut out the horn from glitter paper and glue it.
4. fill the box with beautiful pens and pencils.
Craft pencil holder for girls: Template
Another variant is to print out the attached template, paint it as you like and stick it on the can. The easiest way to do this is to use self-adhesive paper.
You can then paint the motifs as you like using watercolors and crayons. Or you can assign the task to the children. They will certainly be happy about it.
Alternatively, you can also create a collage. For this purpose, simply draw different motifs on a sheet of paper freehand.
Craft pencil holder: DIY project according to Montessori
Toddlers are still learning to keep things in order. Small objects such as pencils, rulers and Co. often get lost. Or they desperately search for their favorite color. With a homemade Montessori pencil holder, school children learn to organize their crayons by color.
The basic principle is quite simple: several containers are placed next to each other. Each container has a different color. In this way, the children learn quickly and easily that the pencils in shades of pink and pink belong in the pink container.
For the containers, you can use cans, preserving jars or even new disposable cups. These are then attached to a solid surface (for example, a wooden strip) with nails, screws or glue.
This method promotes concentration skills and color teaching. The children learn new nuances of a color and can match them.
You can paint the cans, the jam jars or the baby jars with acrylic paints. When arranging the colors, you can use the order of the rainbow colors as a guide:
- Black (missing from the rainbow, you should add it anyway as there are many pens, markers and pencils in this color).
- Dark blue
Make your own pen holder: Minions from old bottles
The next DIY suggestion is for upcycled bottles. Small PET bottles are good for this. You will need the following materials:
- PET bottles
- black colored paper
- water bottle lids (white)
- yellow acrylic paint
1. paint the bottles yellow.
2.For the eyes: turn the lid over and glue a black circle of colored paper on its inside. Cut a strip of black colored paper and attach the eye to it. Glue the strip around the bottle.
3. draw the mouth.
These cute Minions are guaranteed to put a smile on your kids’ faces. Of course, you can come up with other designs and turn the bottles into cute animals or fairy tale creatures.
Make your own wooden pencil holder: Gift idea for the first day of school
The first day of school is getting closer. Now is the right time to surprise the grandchild with a gift. Bought pencil holders look good, but homemade gifts are especially well received. Below we will explain how to make a wooden pencil holder yourself. You will need the following materials:
- a wooden box (you can use a sorting box or a tissue box) from the craft store.
- paper tape, 1 cm wide
- white chalkboard paint
- blue and red coloring paint or a blue and a red fineliner
- a black fineliner
- a paintbrush
First, paint the wooden box with the white chalkboard paint and let it dry overnight. Then you have two options:
1. tape the wooden box with paper tape. Leave about 1 mm of space between each strip of tape. Then apply blue paint with a brush. Let the paint dry and remove the tape. Proceed similarly and draw a vertical red line. Then you can draw the circles with the marker. This way the wooden box will look like a lined sheet from a school notebook.
2. Alternatively, you can use fineliner and a ruler to draw the lines.
If you want to give the wooden pencil holder as a gift, then you can fill it with chalk pens. So the child will be able to write his task for the day on it. The gift is perfect for children in elementary school.
Craft pencil holder for kids: Hedgehog from wood
Next, we’ll explain how to make a cool hedgehog from wood, which at the same time will provide storage space for all pencils and pens, yourself. You will need the following materials and accessories:
- a wooden egg from the craft shop
- four large wooden beads for the legs
- a small and darker wooden bead for the nose
- wood drill and drill
- hot glue
- Attach the four wooden beads with the hot glue.
- Also glue the small wooden bead as the trunk.
- First drill two small holes for the eyes and then 6-10 holes for the crayons.
- Tip the crayons and stick them into the holes.
Pencil holder DIY: Rocket from old bottles.
You can make a creative pencil holder from old white PVC bottles. You will need the following materials and supplies for the craft project:
- Construction paper in blue and red
- three bottles (white) made of plastic
- hot glue
- a pair of scissors
- a cutter knife
- double-sided adhesive tape
1.Cut the two bottles in half crosswise with the cutter knife. You will only need the bottom halves.
2. Cut out the rocket top and the nozzles or fire from the red clay cardstock. For the rocket top, you will need a cone of red clay cardstock and for the fire, cut a 5 cm wide strip and cut their bottom edge.
3. For the rocket, use the third bottle. Attach the top and the fire and then you can still decorate or paint the rocket as you like.
4.Then glue the three bottles together, the rocket should be in the middle.
Craft pencil holder for kids: Paint canning jar
If you want to make a pencil holder, then, of course, the plastic bottles are the best choice. Firstly, because you reuse them and not just throw them away. On the other hand, because the children can not hurt themselves. But sometimes you just don’t have any old bottles at home. In this case, you can also use plastic canning jars. These can be painted prima. So that the colors do not smear, you can use acrylic paints, waterproof markers or CD pens. To ensure that the colors adhere well, you can also use a special primer for plastic. It is available in hardware stores. However, you should apply it only in a well-ventilated room, preferably outdoors, and let it dry.
Proceed as follows: Drill holes in the lids of the preserving jars. Apply a protective coat of primer. Then paint the preserving jars, including the lids, any way you like and let the paint dry overnight. The next day, use a pencil to paint the details such as the mouth and eyes.
A creative pen holder attracts attention and creates a cheerful mood at the desk. This makes writing and drawing really fun. Pens, crayons, scissors and ruler all have their place and the child can quickly find what he needs. A pen holder allows to quickly tidy up the desk and keep it in order. Therefore, it is a nice gift for the first day of school. Get inspired by DIY ideas and make a pencil holder!