Is there anything more beautiful and Christmassy than a craft project for the whole family? Making Christmas tree decorations with kids is part of December and brings joy and Christmas cheer to young and old alike. Bring the family together for hours of Christmas fun, paper cutting and homemade Christmas ornaments.
Table of Contents
- How to make a simple Christmas tree ornament with popsicle sticks?
- Christmas tree ornament crafting with kids: Polar bear, penguin and reindeer from cardboard
- Making Christmas tree ornaments with children using pine cones and colorful pompoms
How to make a simple Christmas tree ornament with ice cream sticks?
Now that the Christmas season is just around the corner, it’s time to make some cute homemade things to decorate the tree. You can also attach these to gifts or the kids can give them to their grandparents, aunts and uncles. This special touch adds even more meaning to your gifts. And the recipients will also have something to hang on their own tree every year.
Snowflakes made from popsicle sticks for the Christmas tree.
All you need are sticks, blue paint, silver pipe cleaners, glue, markers and rhinestones for glitter.
Paint three popsicle sticks in blue and glue them together in the middle in the shape of a snowflake. Wrap a silver pipe cleaner around the center to strengthen it. Draw the pattern you want on the snowflake with a silver metallic marker. Add self-adhesive rhinestones for extra sparkle.
Make a Christmas tree ornament with the kids
With 5 sticks, green paint, some colored pipe cleaners and rhinestones, it’s super easy to make a Christmas tree ornament with the kids themselves.
Paint five sticks with the green paint and arrange them in a fan shape. Glue each of them to the stick below. Use colored pipe cleaners wrapped in small round shapes to make the ornaments and a yellow pipe cleaner to make a star. Add some self-adhesive rhinestones for a sparkly look.
Reindeer pendant made from ice cream sticks
This homemade reindeer is a wonderful addition to your Christmas tree this year.
- Ice cream sticks – 7 small and 1 large
- Glue (hot glue holds better, but if you’re crafting with younger kids, you can use school glue)
- Wiggle eyes (if you use self-adhesive wiggle eyes, we recommend gluing them on with additional glue so they will last for years to come)
- Small bells
- Brown paint – 2 shades
- White paint pen
- Brown pipe cleaners
- Glitter ribbon
- Red cardboard
DIY Reindeer Pendant Craft:
- Arrange seven small popsicle sticks together. Cut a large popsicle stick in half and glue it together at the top and bottom. Let the glue dry completely before proceeding to the next steps.
- Turn the sticks over. Paint the front brown and let the paint dry. Flip the sticks over and paint the back side as well. Let the paint dry. You can use lighter and darker shades of brown to make the jewelry look different, or paint them all the same color.
- Cut a brown pipe cleaner in half. Bend one half into a V shape. Glue the other two pieces to each side of the halved pipe cleaner. Glue the antlers to the back of the popsicle sticks.
- For the nose, glue a button on the front. If you are making a Rudolph and a Clarice, use red for Rudolph’s nose and black for Clarice’s. Glue on the wiggle eyes.
- Glue glitter tape over the bottom of the sticks and wrap it lightly around the back. Attach a little bell to a small piece of string or ribbon and glue it to the bottom of the sticks. Then glue a piece of glitter ribbon over the back.
- Cut a rectangle of red cardstock and glue red glitter tape to it. Cut out the shape of a bow. Glue the bow onto one of the reindeer. Use a white pencil to add dots to the bow.
- Glue a string or ribbon to the back to hang the tag on the Christmas tree.
Christmas tree ornament crafts with kids: Polar bear, penguin and reindeer made from cardboard.
The cute penguins, polar bears and reindeer that come from the cold polar world have been humanized with friendly faces. That’s why they are especially attractive for children who want to make their own Christmas decorations for a modern and stylish Christmas.
You will need:
- Wiggle eyes
- Colored pencils
And this is how you can make the polar animals:
- Print out the template and draw the patterns on cardstock.
- Cut out the pieces.
- Glue the cardboard pieces together and then glue the self-adhesive wiggle eyes on them.
- Paint the snouts and the cheeks.
- Attach the string for hanging by making a hole in the top of the animals with pliers. Then thread a string through the hole and tie a knot.
Here you can find the template to print .
Make Christmas tree ornaments with children using pine cones and colorful pompoms
Gather some pine cones and get some small pompoms to make this colorful Christmas ornament. It’s super easy!
All you need:
- Pine cones
- Tiny pompoms
- String or ribbon
- Glue gun
First, put a small dab of hot glue on the bottom of the pine cone scales and then glue a tiny pompom on top. Repeat the process until you have decorated the entire pine cone. The small pom-poms will look like ornaments hanging from a tree. Take about 30 cm long string or ribbon and glue it to the bottom of the pine cone.