In just a few weeks it’s finally that time again – it’s carnival time! These great days always need to be celebrated properly, even if you are a young mother. Just because your baby is only a few months old, that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on your favorite celebration – there are an incredible amount of great ideas for carnival costumes for parents on the internet ! If your little darling is still too small to walk and you do not feel like taking the stroller, then we have the solution for you! A costume baby carrier is not only incredibly cute, but also totally comfortable – both for the newborn and for you! Read on and get inspired by our favorite ideas!
Finding the right outfit for you and your newborn can sometimes be a real challenge – it needs to be both beautiful and fun, as well as comfortable. The best part about most baby carrier costume ideas is that you almost always only need to dress up the carrier and yourself. To complete the look, you could put a themed hat on the baby or put on a matching shirt.
Make your own baby carrier popcorn costume – A fun group costume for the whole family.
Turn your baby into your favorite sweet tooth by making a costume baby carrier popcorn yourself! You and your husband could also dress up as movie theater employees to match. All you need for your outfit is a white shirt, a black vest and a bright red bow tie.
Materials needed for the costume babywearing popcorn:
- 1 white cotton hat
- White and red felt
- Textile glue
- Microwave popcorn
And here’s how easy it is to make:
- For the cute popcorn hat, the first thing you need to do is prepare the popcorn according to the package instructions.
- Now either stick the popcorn all over the hat with textile glue or sew it on with needle and thread.
- For the popcorn bag, first cut the white felt to size.
- Cut about 17-20 thin and long strips from the red felt and glue them to the white felt, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- In order for the babywearing costume to fit properly, you need to put the babywearing bag over it first, and only then add the finished popcorn bag over it and fasten it.
- Now just put the baby in the baby carrier and you’re ready to go!
The classic – bank robber and loot bag carnival costume
Without any doubt, the bank robber costume is the quintessential classic for those looking for fun yet simple last minute carnival costumes. Grab black jeans, a black or black and white striped sweatshirt from your wardrobe and a black cap and turn into a criminal in less than 5 minutes. The costume will be even funnier if your man dresses up as a police officer who arrested you, for example.
For the babywearing costume you will need the following:
- A pillowcase or slightly larger fabric bag in beige
- A black pen
- Some fake US dollars or Euros (the money from “Monopoly” or similar board games are great for this)
Quick step by step instructions:
- Draw a big dollar sign on the pillowcase with the black pen and stick some fake banknotes on it with super glue.
- Now just attach the fabric to the baby carrier and your carnival costume is ready!
Harry Potter costumes for all the wizards among you!
Attention all Harry Potter fans – it’s time to transform your baby into the most famous wizard in the whole world! For your own outfit you can choose between really many great and incredible characters from the books – from classmate Hermione Granger to principal Albus Dumbledore everything is allowed! If it does have to go quickly, we have a tip for you – with a black robe with the 4 different house characters and a witch’s hat, you’re spot on!
And so quickly the Harry Potter costume baby carrier is made:
- Dress the baby with a white shirt, a knitted vest and dark cloth pants.
- Wrap a Gryffindor scarf in red and gold around the neck – unless you prefer a different Hogwarts house.
- Using a washable and kid-friendly marker, draw the famous lightning bolt scar.
- Now just add a pair of round art glasses to complete the costume and your sweetie will look just like little Harry Potter!
The cute Maya the Bee is perfect as a quick costume for mom and kids
Whether for big and small, for carnival or Halloween – animal costumes are always perennial favorites! Make sure you make a super cute and honey appearance and dress your little baby in with a homemade Maya the Bee costume with baby carrier.
Bees costume babies needed materials:
- Yellow baby hat
- Black and yellow washi tape
- black pipe cleaners
- 2 yellow pom poms
- Hair clip
- black cardboard box
Quick step by step instructions:
- First, stick a few strips of black washi tape horizontally on the hat.
- Attach the yellow pom poms to the pipe cleaners and then glue them to the hat.
- Take a black baby carrier and decorate it with yellow strips of washi tape.
- Cut out a heart from the cardboard and glue it on the baby carrier.
- And just like that, you’ve conjured up the most adorable baby carrier costume in less than 10 minutes!
Dress up your baby like a delicious and sugary pineapple
Are you longing for summer, sun and vacation? So why not dress up as a tourist and make a pineapple costume for your newborn? For your outfit, all you need to do is put on a Hawaiian shirt, sunglasses and a hat and you’re good to go!
For the pineapple costume baby carrier you will need:
- Yellow cotton fabric or a yellow pillowcase
- White acrylic paint
- Fine paint brush
- 2 pieces of green felt in different shades
- Hot glue gun
- Baby headband
Step by step instructions:
- Cut a piece of yellow fabric large enough to completely cover the baby’s headband.
- Using the white acrylic paint and brush, draw diagonal lines to create a diamond pattern and let dry for about 5-6 hours.
- For the crown, cut out a variety of leaves from the green felt and then glue them to the front of the headband.
- Finally, dress your baby completely in yellow and the fun can begin!
How to make a unicorn costume for babies yourself
Unicorns are fantastic creatures that enchant young and old with their beauty. Add some color to your carnival look and craft a unicorn costume for your little princess.
For this you will need the following materials:
- a white, cuddly jumpsuit for babies with a hood
- Felt in light pink, dark pink, white and peach
- Hot glue gun
- Silver string
Unicorn costume for baby carrier craft instructions:
- To shape the horn for the unicorn costume, cut a triangle out of the peach colored felt and trim off about 1.5 more inches from the top corner.
- Roll the triangle into a cone shape and glue it together with the hot glue gun.
- Wrap the silver string around the horn and glue it in place.
- For the ears, cut out small circles from the light pink and dark pink felt, making one slightly smaller than the other.
- Now glue the smaller circles onto the larger ones, squeeze the end together slightly and glue.
- Glue the ears and horn onto the hood of the jumpsuit and you’re done!
Angel and devil costume for mother and baby
Your baby may not always behave like an angel, but in the baby carrier it will definitely be a real eye-catcher. For this, you just need to dress it in white from head to toe and glue little wings on the back of the baby carrier. For your devil costume you don’t need more than a red dress and of course red horns.
Pirate group costume for the whole family makes for a fun and super great appearance.
Pirate costumes are a timeless classic and will never go out of style. Decorate the baby carrier with colorful feathers and turn your baby into an adorable parrot.
Costume with baby carrier – More fun ideas and inspirations.
There is hardly anyone who doesn’t love freshly baked croissants! All you need for this costume with baby carrier is yellow foam! Cut out a large triangle from it, roll it up, glue it down and you’re done!
Or how about Little Red Riding Hood and the big bad wolf?
Dress up as Rosie “the Riveter” and show the world that you are a strong, young mother!
Looking for a last minute costume? Luckily, cute lion onesies can be found in just about any baby clothing store.
Parents cook something absolutely wonderful and that is – a tasty baby stew! Just attach a large felt bag to the baby carrier, make or buy some fabric vegetables for the head and you’re done!
If your little darling loves to eat bananas, this would be a great idea for a fun carnival outfit.
Is your baby as cute as a little mouse from the cartoons? Then dress it up like one! All you need for this look is a fluffy mouse hair band for babies.
Sometimes the simplest ideas really are the most beautiful!
A classic – The skeleton carnival costume for baby is conjured up in less than 10 minutes. Paint a skeleton on the black baby carrier with white paint and you’re done!
With this outfit your little darling will look simply irresistible!
If you want your baby to be a “Star Wars” fan just like you, why not start early? In this look, the father is dressed as the heroic Luke Skywalker, carrying the small but wise Master Yoda on his back.