Decorating the house during the Christmas celebration brings wonderful moments of joy and warmth. If you want to direct your creativity to something productive and interesting, Christmas holidays are a good time for it. Get inspired by our ideas to make beautiful napkin rings for Christmas and decorate your festive table.
Table of Contents
- Craft beautiful and festive napkin rings for Christmas
- Make cranberry rosemary Christmas napkin rings quickly and easily
- Colorful DIY napkin rings with Christmas lights
- DIY napkin rings for Christmas with red berries and cinnamon sticks
- Make your own napkin ring with holly
- Tinsel napkin rings: simple and cheap
- Beautiful napkin rings with pine cones for Christmas tinkering
- Napkin rings with golden bells
Make beautiful and festive napkin rings for Christmas
The best part about making your own rings for Christmas table decorations is that you can make them exactly how you want – to match your decor – and on a budget. There are so many different ways to craft napkin rings for Christmas – you can use anything from ribbons to felt to old toilet paper rolls.
Make cranberry rosemary Christmas napkin rings quickly and easily
Little touches like these homemade Christmas napkin rings made with cranberries and rosemary make celebrating extra fun.
What do you need:
- Baker’s twine
- Craft wire
And this is how you get the napkin rings:
- Simply cut a piece of craft wire about 30 inches long.
- Thread about 12-14 cranberries onto the craft wire, depending on the thickness of the napkins.
- Twist the ends of the wire once you have threaded the cranberries.
- Cut a few sprigs of rosemary, fold the wire around them and hold them up. Then tie a bow with the baker’s twine and you’re done.
Colorful DIY napkin rings with Christmas lights.
Old light bulbs can be used to make original napkin rings! You’ll love the colorful, cheerful look of this simple craft!
Attach a string of red and white yarn to the base of a light bulb with hot glue. Wrap the base completely with yarn and tie it around rolled napkins.
Make napkin rings for Christmas with red berries and cinnamon sticks
Cloth napkins are part of a festive meal. Try wrapping them unusually in a roll that you wrap with string or ribbon and add red berries and cinnamon sticks.
Make napkin ring with holly yourself
Layer linen and felt for a rustic style with a traditional holly motif to add the perfect handmade touch to your Christmas table.
- Red felt
- Jute ribbon
- Green adhesive felt
- Red self-adhesive buttons
- White yarn
- Embroidery needle
Here’s how to make the napkin rings:
- Cut a strip of red felt measuring 5 cm x 18 cm, cut a piece of jute to 4 cm x 17 cm and pin it to the center of the red felt.
- Using an embroidery needle and white thread, stitch a series of running stitches on the two long sides of the jute ribbon to secure it to the felt.
- Overlap the short ends by 2 inches to make a ring, and make a series of running stitches to attach the napkin ring.
- Cut the green adhesive felt to create two holly leaves and attach to the top of the design. Glue on an adhesive button to create the berry detail.
Tinsel napkin rings: simple and inexpensive
If you want to add a little magic to your holiday table, tinsel garland napkin rings are just what you need. They’re quite inexpensive to make, and the sparkle will blow you away.
For this you will need:
- Toilet paper roll
- Tinsel garland
- Golden styrofoam filler balls
- Hot glue gun
Make in a few minutes:
- Cut a 3-inch thick ring from the roll (you can make it thinner if your tinsel isn’t that thick).
- Draw a line of hot glue around your cardboard ring and cover it with tinsel garland. Add a styrofoam ball with another dot of hot glue.
- If you prefer a more simple look, omit the gold ball. Either way, these napkin rings will look fantastic on your holiday table.
Craft beautiful napkin rings with pine cones for Christmas
What do you need for this craft:
- Wooden napkin rings
- Pine greenery with pine cones
- Glue gun
- Glue stick
- Wire cutter
- First, you can stain the wooden napkin rings with a can of stain as desired. This step is optional for a finished look.
- After staining, set the napkin rings aside for a few minutes to dry.
- While the stain dries, use wire cutters to cut a few small twigs from a pine branch. Cut as many pieces as you need to glue onto the napkin rings.
- Once the glue gun is heated, start gluing the greenery on. Put a small dab of glue on the napkin ring. Then carefully add the fir plant branches. Hold the greenery in place until the glue is dry.
- Repeat the process for each napkin ring. Try to overlap the greenery to hide any glue residue, and if you like, you can add a pine cone for an extra wintry touch.
Napkin rings with gold bells.
These napkin rings are super easy to make and take no time at all. Plus, they’re perfect for those last minute arrivals.
- Gold bells
- Wire or string
How to make them:
- Cut about 15-20 inches of string.
- Tie a knot at one end and then add the bells.
- Tie a knot at the other end and tie the two ends together.
- Slide your napkin through the ring and you’re done.
These napkin rings will jazz up any cutlery , because you can also make them with different colored bells.