As the temperatures drop and the leaves begin to change color on the trees, it’s time to introduce some fall crafts for kids! We already have quite a few craft ideas for all ages, so we’re sure you’ll find just the right fall activity to do with your kids at home, at daycare, or in the classroom.
Table of Contents
Autumn leaf hedgehog craft with kids
Craft materials for fall leaf hedgehogs:
Autumn leaf hedgehog printable template below
White photo cardstock
Colored photo cardstock
Leaves (cut off stems)
White glue or craft glue
- Download the template above for an autumn leaf hedgehog and print it out on white cardstock.
- Color the hedgehog brown (or whatever color your child chooses). Then cut it out and glue the template to a colorful cardstock sheet with a glue stick.
- Apply white glue to the entire hedgehog template, except for the face.
- Place the sheets on top of the glue until all of the glue is covered. You may need to apply a little more glue to keep the leaves in place.
- Glue on the googly eye and the pompom as the nose.
- Let dry and set up! For more fall crafts, keep reading!
A gluing project for preschoolers and first graders.
Felt tip pens
a handful of leaves from outside
- Glue the white paper to your tabletop. You can also use kraft paper or the back of a paper bag.
- Draw a simple tree.
- Right now is a good time to practice gluing with our children. Gluing is a fine motor activity that improves hand strength. We want to spend a lot of time strengthening hands so that children are able to form letters, tie shoes, and button clothes. Let’s move on to gluing the fall leaves!
- After the kids glue on their fall leaves, let the leaf crafts dry and then set them up!
Fall paper crafts: paper plate apple.
Paint (in red or green)
Colored cardboard or construction paper (in green and brown)
Black marker (optional)
Apple template below
- Download the apple template, print it out and cut out the pieces.
- Paint the paper plate with a thin layer of red or green paint. Allow the paint to dry completely before continuing.
- Place the apple template on the dry paper plate, trace it and cut out the apple shape.
- Place the apple stem on top of the paper plate and glue it in place. Glue the leaf right next to the stem. Using a black marker, draw a curved line to represent the hollow in the center of the apple.
- Glue the eyes directly under the leaf in the center of the plate.
- Place the tongue in the center of the mouth and glue it in place. Cut off the excess paper with scissors.
- Glue the finished mouth under the eyes.
Craft pumpkin stamp of apple
Orange craft paint
Green craft paint
- First cut the apples in half, dry the inside and outside with kitchen paper.
- Using the inside of the apple as a stamp, dip the inside of the apple in orange paint and make sure it is completely covered with paint. Then stamp on the white paper.
- Use a paintbrush to paint a leaf and a stem on the top of the pumpkins .
- Let your beautiful pumpkins dry and proudly display them.
- Alternatively, after the pumpkins dry, use black markers or crayons to paint Jack-o-Lanterns for Halloween!
Make cute paper pumpkins for fall
Colored or patterned paper of your choice
Hot glue and glue gun
- Cut each piece of paper vertically into five 4 cm wide strips.
- Then cut each strip into one 18 cm, two 23 cm and the remaining two into 28 cm. Important. Remember that you need two sets for one pumpkin. So each pumpkin consists of two 18 cm, four 23 cm and four 28 cm strips.
- Fold each piece into accordion strips.
- Now glue the TWO SETS of the same length together with double-sided tape to form a circle.
- You will end up with one circle from the 18 cm strips, two circles from the 23 cm strips, and two circles from the 28 cm strips.
- Glue the 18 cm medallion on with a hot glue gun. Just put a small blob in the center and hold for a few seconds until dry.
- Next, glue each medallion together, starting with the 18 cm medallion on top, then the 23 cm medallion, then the 28 cm medallion, then the 23 cm medallion, then the 18 cm medallion on the bottom.
- Glue a stick, paper leaves and string to the top of the pumpkin.
More autumn crafts you can find here !