The holidays are now behind us, and hopefully there are many memories and beautiful moments that you take with you into the new year. As for food, you may have overdone it a bit. January is the time to start new, healthy habits. The following detox dishes will help you pull all the toxins out of your body. If you want to feel fresh and energized at the start of the new year, these recipes are the best you can do.
Table of Contents
What does detox actually mean?
Detox diets are usually short-term healthy eating programs that aim to remove toxins from the body. Detox is a nutritional program that supports the detoxification organs: Liver, kidneys, lymphatic system, gastrointestinal tract and skin. A typical detox includes a period of fasting followed by a diet that limits the diet to fruits, vegetables, fruit juices and water.
Simple recipes for delicious and healthy detox dishes.
We often eat too much. The range of fried and fatty foods, the endless options of sweets and spicy dishes are a must for any celebration. Therefore, it is very important to take care of our diet for the rest of the year. Make it easy on yourself by adding healthy foods, fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables to your daily menu.
Simple carrot salad with lemon vinaigrette.
This salad is the easiest, freshest and healthiest of all detox dishes and the ingredients are plentiful and available at almost any grocery store.
- 500 g carrots, washed, cleaned and peeled.
- 1 bunch of parsley, rinsed and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 pinch of salt
- sunflower seeds (optional)
- Shred the carrots in a food processor.
- Place the shredded carrots in a bowl and add the parsley. Set the bowl aside.
- Whisk together the mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl, then drizzle in the olive oil. Stir in the honey and salt.
- Drizzle the dressing over the carrots and parsley and mix well.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds if desired.
Detox dishes: beet soup
Did you know that your liver filters all your blood every three minutes? That’s why it should be taken care of and cleaned. Try detoxifying your liver with this beetroot soup .
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 3 medium beet roots
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small leek, finely diced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 500 ml warm vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp coconut milk for garnish
- Put the unpeeled beet roots in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Let them simmer for 30 minutes until they are soft.
- Pour off the water and set them aside to cool.
- Heat the coconut oil in a cast iron pan and add the onion, garlic, leeks and carrots. Cook them for 5-7 minutes over low heat. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer everything to a plate.
- Peel the beet, cut it into cubes and put them in the blender with the cooked vegetables and warm vegetable broth.
- Process everything until you get a smooth cream.
- Season the soup with salt and serve garnished with mixed seeds.
Green curry with broccoli and tofu
Enjoy your detox with a light and tasty green curry.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Preparation: 10 minutes
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 75 g green curry paste
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fish stock
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 large head of broccoli (450 g), cut into florets
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 100 g green beans, cut into 3 cm long pieces
- 300 g firm silken tofu, drained, cut into thick strips
- 20 g basil leaves, plus extra for garnish
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Then add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the scallions, fish stock, sugar, broccoli, coconut milk and 250 ml of boiling water. Stir well and bring everything to a boil. Then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and beans and cook for 2 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then gently stir in the tofu and basil.
- Serve with rice and additional basil.
Detox dishes: chia pudding with blueberries.
In the mood for a healthy, protein-packed dessert? Chia pudding with blueberries is the recipe you need when you’re craving something sweet.
Preparation: 30 minutes
- 300 g blueberries
- 170 g chia seeds
- 1 l almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Puree the blueberries with the almond milk in a blender.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl and add chia seeds, honey, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Stir well so that all the ingredients are well combined. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then stir again.
- Divide the mixture into glasses and place them in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve chilled and garnished with blueberries.
And how to properly detoxify your body, step by step, you can learn here .