Sooner or later, the holidays are over. And while the drops of wine are still tickling your tongue and the pieces of meat have settled somewhere around your waist, you realize that it’s time for a serious detox. In this article, we have compiled for you some detox smoothie recipes that will help your body rid itself of accumulated toxins and provide it with vitamins and other beneficial substances.
Table of Contents
Green detox smoothie – A recipe without strange ingredients.
This detox smoothie is like a liquid vitamin! The ingredients have been carefully selected to provide your body with nutrients without the need to use special powders or expensive supplements. Instead, all you need are some fruits and veggies you may already have in your fridge!
Green Detox Smoothie – What are the ingredients:
- 120 ml water (or orange juice)
- 180 g green apple
- 120 g frozen pineapple chunks
- 60 g frozen banana
- 2 cm fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 30 g fresh spinach
- a small pinch of fresh coriander
- 15 g fresh lime juice
Instructions on how to prepare a detox smoothie:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and serve immediately.
- If you don’t have a high-speed blender, we recommend blending the spinach, cilantro, and ginger with the water first so they are fully broken down. Then add the fruit and lime juice and blend again.
What makes this combination a detox smoothie.
The ingredients in this smoothie are rich in nutrients, which in turn are thought to support your body’s natural detoxification organs, including the kidneys, liver and skin. Here are some of the potential health benefits:
- Green apple: This particular apple contains less sugar than the red variety. Apples in general can help with weight loss because they make you feel fuller longer. One study showed that eating one apple a day was almost as effective at lowering the risk of heart disease as taking a statin. The pectin found in apples acts as a prebiotic and can also promote the growth of good bacteria in your gut!
- Pineapple: This tropical fruit is rich in antioxidants and also contains bromelain, a protein-digesting enzyme. It helps break down protein into amino acids, which can aid in digestion. This digestive enzyme can also help boost immunity and reduce inflammation in the body.
- Banana: Bananas are a good source of potassium, and a diet rich in potassium can help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease. According to a 13-year study, women who eat bananas 2 to 3 times a week have a 33% lower risk of developing kidney disease.
How ginger, coriander and lime affect the body
- Ginger: Ginger is thought to have an anti-inflammatory effect in the body and can help lower blood sugar levels. It has also been shown to speed up digestion and cause the stomach to empty more quickly.
- Spinach: Spinach contains powerful phytochemicals and antioxidants such as lutein and kaempferol, which are believed to promote eye health and reduce the risk of cancer.
- Cilantro: This fresh herb contains a compound called dodecanal, which has been shown to have antibacterial activity against salmonella. It is also believed to be effective against heavy metal poisoning, which is why it is so commonly used in detox drinks and recipes.
- Lime: Limes contain many antioxidants and are an excellent source of vitamin C, which can boost your immune system! In lab tests, vitamin C has been shown to increase white blood cell production, which can help protect against infection and disease.
Tip: If you already know which ingredients are best and what properties they have, you can choose the ones you like best and create and enjoy your own Detox Smoothie recipes.
Detox smoothie recipes for weight loss – Will you lose weight with this mix?
Since this detox smoothie is rich in nutrient-dense, low-calorie foods, it’s a great choice if you’re trying to lose weight. The pectin in the apples and the fiber in all of these ingredients will help keep you full. When you use it as a meal replacement, you may be consuming fewer calories than usual, which can also help with weight loss.
Detox with raw beet, apple and ginger.
Detox Smoothie Recipes – Give your body some love and feel your best with a detox juice made with raw beet, apple and ginger.
- 1-2 small to medium beets
- 2 apples
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (2 teaspoons for more “spiciness”)
- 1/4 peeled and diced cucumber
- 240 ml chilled coconut water (More liquid may be needed depending on your blender. Coconut water is great for hydration and rich in fabulous electrolytes).
- optional: a handful of spinach or kale
- optional: a pinch of stevia or honey
- Choose organic produce if possible and wash all ingredients carefully.
- Remove the beet peel if you prefer for texture. However, the peels of the beets are edible.
- Combine the ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add more water/coconut water if needed.
Want to get a free 5-day detox plan with recipes and a shopping list? You can find one here!